Re: Faculty Position at UVI

Just a couple of quick questions.

1. If the temporary position converts to a full time position, will it be
re-advertised at that time?

Probably not, but it depends upon several factors ranging from Don Drost
retiring to dave Storm taking another year leave for his research project.

2. Are you looking for an astronomer?

Yes! Our telescope is outfitted with a CCD camera, filter wheel and
computer. We've had University of Charleston students taking data, but
none of us here are really astronomers. I plan to use the summer to learn
more.

Dr. David J Smith
Division of Science and Mathematics
University of the Virgin Islands