Re: Reduced mass problem

Concerning where Bob Carlson wrote:
To test for an ellipse of the form x^2/a^2 +y^2/b^2 = 1, you can try this:

I don't think that Tom had made it clear that the center of the possible
ellipse to be fitted to the (x,y) data was supposed to be at the origin,
nor that its principal axes were necessarily oriented along the x & y
coordinate axes. We may need more information here.

David Bowman
dbowman@gtc.georgetown.ky.us