Re: How to use the archive?

LUDWIK KOWALSKI wrote:

I can not find notes about how to download messages from phys-L
archive. I know that the message must be sent to

listproc@mailer.uwf.edu

but I do not remember commands. Which commands would I use,
for example, to accomplish the following tasks:

1) Download all messages from May 10 to May 22 of 1997

get phys-l phys-l-archive.may-97

gets you the monthly archive.

2) Dowdload all messages under the subject containing "big bang"

Alas, there is no search capability - you'll have to do that locally on
the archive files you retrieve. The Revised Listserv that we used to
use had a full database capability, but that went away when we had to
switch to listproc.

==> Dick
--
Richard C. Smith, Ph.D. Voice: (850) 476-9352
55 Birdwhistell Blvd. Fax: (850) 476-4193