How to use the archive?

I can not find notes about how to download messages from phys-L
archive. I know that the message must be sent to

listproc@mailer.uwf.edu

but I do not remember commands. Which commands would I use,
for example, to accomplish the following tasks:

1) Download all messages from May 10 to May 22 of 1997
2) Dowdload all messages under the subject containing "big bang"

Commands for other useful tasks will be appreciated. Ludwik Kowalski.