Another Gravity Problem

Another gravity problem. If a satellite is given a boost from a lower
orbit to a higher one, the work required to perform this would be equal to
the
change in total energy (i.e., (PE2 + KE2) - (PE1 + KE2). If you use the
force equation for centripetal acceleration, you get a nice relationship
between KE and the magnitude of the PE that helps make the some reduce
to a rather simple expression. My question is: I know the satellite will
orbit at a lower velocity at the greater distance but where does the slowing
down occur?

Tom McCarthy
Saint Edward's School
1895 St. Edward's Drive