Re: Linux interest group

For students destined for science/engineering/technology fields,
this would be a considerable added value.
You can't believe how unix/c exposure dresses up a student resume!

It's absolutely standard on those of our students, and I'd put it on
mine if I needed to. I spent the 94-95 school year in a laboratory
in Cambridge where I only used Suns operating on Solaris. The GUI
certainly makes unix more palatable, but I sure was glad to get back
to my Macintosh at home after that year of enforced unix. I use C in
the Code Warrior Integrated Development Environment on the Mac. It
is wonderful, but if some of you folks enjoy Linux it will be no
skin off this nose. You'll never experience System 8, so you'll stay
happy. (And yes, I have used Linux on a machine at the Cavendish
which was set up by one of the research students. I did not think it
was quite as nice as X-Windows, but there may have been improvements
since 1995.)

If I might be permitted to ask, just what is it that one can do with
a PC running Linux that can't be done with a Macintosh?

Leigh