Re: Linux interest group

I assume you are just saying that Linux is a more complicated OS than the
Mac or Win OS (and possibly even DOS) because there ARE versions of Linux
which will run on the Mac hardware. There is also a windows environments
for Linux so that once you have it going (say with help from someone who
knows more about it) you can operate in a more user friendly environment.
I've found it very easy to move between a Mac OS and the windows version of
SUN Unix for example, as long as you don't want to get too far into the
guts of the OS.

BTW: Linux comes with some useful utilities; Fortran and C compliers and
graphing utilities for example.

kyle