Re: Doppler question

In support of Bob's areference to Dr. Robert Shankland of Case, I was a
graduate student at Case in the 60's, when Shankland (then emeritus) was still
coming to his office and teaching the occasional special topics class. I have
heard him describe in detail his 4 interviews with Einstein, and remember him
saying that Einstein wasn't sure whether he was aware of the MM experiment or
not, but that it certainly was not a crucial item in his Special Relativity.
Jim Goff