Re: "Voltage"

At 11:40 AM -0800 3/19/98, Leigh Palmer wrote:
(similarly with current and amperage, though slightly more egregious from a
physics semantics standpoint)

"Amperage"!? The word is ugly, and, I would argue, less
familiar than "current". I have no problem with "AC current",
though it is somewhat redundant, but "amperage"? Really!

My old edition of Horowitz and Hill: The Art of Electronics says on page 3:
"Indidentally, don't call current 'amperage'; that's strictly bush-league.
The same caution will apply to the term 'ohmage' when we get to resistance
in the next section."

Larry