Re: GPS recomendations?

I think this was a thread a few months ago (but I wasn't paying attention):

Can anyone recomend a good but inexpensive (~ $200) GPS device? My only use
so far is tomore precisely locate some antena equipment so I don't know
what other features might be useful...

Thanks
kyle

from Phys-L (Urs Lauterburg):

Buy a Garmin GPS Reciever. It is an innovative US manufacturer. I bought a
Garmin 45XL this spring an am very content with its performance. Here in
Switzerland it is precise 15 meters RMS without DGPS correction and
5-10meters with DGPS reciever. I can check that because our Institute is
situated right on the reference point for the federal swiss mapping
institution. The spot is marked and I can test the GPS reciever there.
Absolute altitude is not as precise as the relative one. It's fun, you can
take it on your bike and trace the way you are going on a display map and
of course you can do much more. A very clever and impressive gadget indeed!
I recommend it.