Re: moon's synchronism

At 03:18 PM 3/18/98 -0700, you wrote:

Folks, the angular momentum is NOT conserved -- at least in the beginning
and I don't see why it should be currently. There is no requirement that it
need be! There is an external torque on the Moon!

What am I missing????? I guess I just can't follow what you are talking
about. Somebody help this poor senile person out.

Jim Green
JMGreen@sisna.com

The angular momentum of the system (primarily earth-moon) must be conserved.
Jim Riley
Department of Physics
Drury College
Springfield Missouri 65802