Re: MOUNTAIN DEW / Free fall?

Wind resistance on the "free faller" would cause her to fall at a constant
(terminal) velocity.

On Tue, 17 Mar 1998, David Simmons wrote:

Jennifer M Seckinger wrote:

One of my high school students broug a recent "Mountain Dew" commercial
to my attention. Two people are skydiving. One person is given a
Mountain Dew. Her parachute is NOT open, and she turns the can upside
down and pours the drink into her mouth.

Here's the question: If she is in free fall, will the drink REALLY pour
from the can?

The "pop" is carbonated. So, when the can is inverted it is reasonable to assume that the
pressure in the "air space" above the beverage in the can is greater than the external air
pressure. Thus the pop would be expelled from the can--not by gravity though. Maybe?

Dave