Re: Favorite Test Questions

On Thu, 12 Mar 1998, Ken Fox wrote:

I don't know if you would count this but:
A test of projectile motion is easily a plug and chug, but I love to make
one subquestion be" What is the acceleration of the ball 2/3 of the way
through the flight."

Of course it doesn't matter, but to make this look like a "real"
conventional problem, you probably should avoid the ambiguous "2/3 of the
way" since it sort of "gives away" the fact that it doesn't matter whether
you mean 2/3 of the total time of flight, 2/3 of the distance (range), or
2/3 of the path measured along the path (an unlikely choice for students).

-- Donald