Re: Shopping Spree

Jim Green wrote in part:

WIN95 doesn't like my Norton Utilities.

I just upgraded to Norton Utilities 3.0 both at home and at school and
had trouble both places, requiring a reistallation of Windows 95. At first I
thought it was because I ran some of the fancy optimization features, but
then I had trouble (at best as I could pinpoint it) just by loading the
utilities without runing anything -the computer wouldn't recognize the
CD-rom.

Today, I just re-installed Norton 2.0. Be even this has a nasty quirk. If
I activated the Norton protected recycle bin, I would get a message (again
both at home and at school) that there was not enough room on the disk
(although clearly there was) to load the special Norton protected icon. I
would not just get this message at boot-up but throughout my time on the
computer -sometimes at a constant interval of a minute or two -each time
requiring that I click OK on the message box.

There was a time I used to think highly of Norton products.

Ed Schweber