Padded footballers

One of my students wants to find out some details about the level of padding
used on American footballers. She is doing a research study on how impacts
are managed through the use of safety equipment so as to extend the time
duration of impacts and also distribute the force at the point of impact.
Does anyone know where on the web she may be able to get info like the
thickness of padding, distribution of padding, injuries experienced despite
the pading and "compliance" of the material used for the padding.
We have done some web searching and got nowhere.
We also have no access to local knowledge, this being Australia where all
footballers attend hospital regularly.
Thanks
Scott.
--
This email was sent to you from Kingscote Area School, Kangaroo Island,
South Australia.