Re: Reccomended Computer Interface Systems

I would go with science workshop for the following reasons:

1) I have found the user interface to be much better
2) the software is easier to use
3) updates are free just download from the net
4) I have found science workshop to be much more capable ie extensive
statistal, curve fitting functions and a notes window that allows students
to write their entire report in science workshop
5) you can give the program to all of your students, so that they are
able to take their experiment results with them to write up their report
6) I believe that science workshop supports a wider range of probes that
are suited for math, physical science, physics, chemistry, biology, general
science, earth science.
7) I have found PASCO's probes to be of a higher quality
8) you can use the vernier probes in the PASCO system

If I had to sum up everything up in a sentence I have found that science
workshop is easier to use and set up and that it offers options, such as a
calculator ( where you set up calculations based on inputs to calculate KE
or momentum to name a few and then you can display that result in a table,
graph or whatever) that are not found in the veriner stuff. Lastly is
training PASCO will come to you to train your staff for free (I think) or
you can attend one of their workshops that are given across the country.

regards

george marrash