Re: "Charged" capacitor mis-terminology

After reading subsequent posts by Bill Beaty and Joel Rauber about their
side of the 'displacement current' discussion, I reconsidered and reposted
below my initial post (originally sent yesterday morning) defining my
position in this discussion, since it seems to have gotten lost without a
trace in cyberspace, and it doesn't quite overlap as much as I originally
thought with John Ertel's post. Because of some of the subsequent
discussion a few of the sentences may seem a little anachronistic.