Re: apparent weight

At 00:31 2/19/98 -0400, Ludwik wrote:

We must recognize the net force (experienced by a bead sliding on the
horizontally mounted frictionless stick which is rotated about a vertical
axis) because we tell kids that "whenever you see an acceleration there
must be a net force, F=m*a".

I write this editorial piece which may possibly be (unwittingly) impertinent
or insulting, possibly irrelevant, but is at least well-intended.

I occasionally fancy, when I read Ludwik's pieces, a shadow of a
middle-European accent; a certain infelicity, perhaps
a grammatical error-proneness - and so I remind myself that Ludowik
has mentioned that he cannot proof-read and correct, as a function of
his mail reader.
(You could certainly call this the power of my personal prejudices.)

But in this post, I hear the unmistakeable authoritative
physical voice, justly written and accurate and I am taken by surprise.

I immediately query the extended header information buried in his post
to rejoice in his new mail reader - but I am confounded; it is the
very same host and mail mechanism as before ( as far as I can tell...)

I have this question then:
What vitamins is Ludowik now using? - I want the same!

:-)
brian whatcott <inet@intellisys.net>
Altus OK