sequential numbering

About 15 messages since this morning and zero messages in about 24 hours.
A random fluctuation (or we are all exhausted?) or something wrong with
transmission somewhere? It would be nice if each message sent to us from
Phys-L had a sequential number in the header. Then we would know when
some messages are lost. Is it possible to implement this?