Re: Apparent weight

This is an argument no one is going to win--again because we all have our
own comfort zones on this _and_ because we're not about to be conviced (or
haven't been through all the rhetoric) that one view is _correct_ and the
other _wrong_.

Exactly, no one can win it because neither party is wrong, they are starting
with different definitions, as a member of the "bathroom scale" faction, no
comments please, I simply brought up the idea as an alternative way to
define Weight that avoids some conceptual problems with regard to what we
see inside the Shuttle.

Defining weight as Mg is a perfectly valid starting point, but requires some
fancy footwork for then understanding terminology like "weightless".

Joel