RE: The thread of threads

Gang,

So far centrifugal/petal-ism has not reared its head, but the apparent
weight discussion reminds me to share a thought: The difference between
what
you feel when whirling round the Earth in the shuttle, as opposed to
whirling round horizontally in some machine in an amusement park is perhaps
a good way to introduce the idea that the mg "force of gravity" is unlike
other forces. This is a different lesson from the "apparent weight "
lesson,
however.

Somehow I sense the fugal/petal monster lirking in the background and have
caught a whiff of its scent in a few of the posts (mine included I might
add).

Joel