Re: Apparent weight

Message text written by A. John Mallinckrod
"microgravity experiments" are not *about* gravity and would really
prefer to be conducted in a strictly *zero* gravity environment. The game=
,
therefore, is primarily about reducing transient inertial forces to
tolerable levels.

Wow, "microgravity" refers to effects of Newton's 3rd Law (or p
Conservation, =

if you prefer) & has nothing to do with gravity? No wonder I thought
NASA was nuts on this issue. I was just wrong on what they were nuts
about. They do understand weightlessness and the infinite reach of
1/r squared forces. They just cannot coin jargon usefully.

Bill Larson
Geneva