Subject: Re: Work/Energy Theorem ? (very long)
Message ID #: 199704051300.HAA19326(a)atlantis.cc.uwf.edu
Date: 05 APR 97 7:53:59 EST

and

Subject: Re: Force Sensors Must Measure Acceleration?
Message ID #: 199704091207.HAA07043(a)atlantis.cc.uwf.edu
Date: 09 APR 97 8:00:45 EST

Also, Herb Gottlieb wrote:
On Sun, 15 Feb 1998 13:27:39 EST David Bowman
<dbowman@tiger.gtc.georgetown.ky.us> writes:

..... what the bathroom scale reads is an UPWARDS force.

My bathroom scale subtracts it own weight and then reads the
DOWNWARD FORCE it exerts on the bathroom floor.

I want to point out that the quote above that Herb attributed to me was
actually from Rick Tarara rather than me. I merely quoted Rick's statement
and then reacted to it in my post.

David Bowman
dbowman@gtc.georgetown.ky.us