-----Original Message-----
From: LUDWIK KOWALSKI <KOWALSKIL@alpha.montclair.edu>

P.S. Many messages come "deformed" on my ASCII-only system. This happens
more often than last year. Why? What are these "3D" and "=", etc. which
often appear in the middle of words? Invisible ASCII characters should
remain invisible.

Isn's ASCII a system of communication to which we are still committed?
I suspect people compose messages on word processers and then send them
without properly performed conversions. How should we prevent this?