Re: Apparent weight

William J. Larson wrote:
Conversely they have never used a
triple-beam balance (My lab equipment consists of a set
of children's toys that I bring in from home - don't ask),

I use toys all the time....the students even bring in 'physics' toys
like one of Homer Simpson connected with a plate of donuts. Or Bart on
a spring-powered skateboard....students focus more on familiar
objects(toys) than standard physics objects like those clunky Hall's
Carriage....using a radio controlled racer to study
displacement/velocity/acceleration is a favorite.
<<Larry>>