Uncl: course/instructor evaluations

During a recent committee meeting the question of instructor evaluations was a
gain raised. One person brought copies of a recent post from a www site (http:
//www.psychplace.com/visitors/oped/ratings/ratings.htm) which found a correlati
on between high grades and high evaluations. Students also indicated that the
high grade courses were also courses which required less work. To make long sto
ry short I mentioned the results of a study which indicated that enthusiastic i
nstructors got high marks. When challenged to come up with the reference I dre
w a blank. I think (hope) that someone on this list cited that work. If so co
uld that person supply me with a source. Thanks in advance.

Don Mathieson________________dmathie@vm.tulsa.cc.ok.us
Tulsa Community College______918-595-7485
3727 East Apache
Tulsa, Oklahoma 74115