Re: Right, wrong, and switching oponions

Regarding the 10 Feb 1998 example that Dave Dockstader gave:

As an example let me point out the exchange between Dave Bowman and myself
a few weeks ago over sparks. I had a rather naive view of what happened
and another post on the effect of air pressure had demonstrated to me that
my "model" didn't fit the data. A couple lines from Dave was all it took to
clear up my problem. If Dave had not had my naive ideas to build on and had
had to start from scratch it would have been a long and involved process.

Apparently I could have left out most of my post, since, as I recall, my post
was substantially longer than a few lines. I thought I *did* start from
(nearly) scratch. When did I ever explain *anything* in a few lines? :-)

David Bowman
dbowman@gtc.georgetown.ky.us