Re:Workshop on medical instrumentation

Dear Colleagues: I hope some members of this list server will be interested
in the following workshop. Please call it to the attention of your
colleagues who are not on the list server. It will be similar to the
workshop we put on at the U. of Wisconsin about 20 years ago. We hope that
the talks will be published as a book suitable for physics teachers. See
the web page for more details. Best wishes, John

ANNOUNCEMENT:
MEDICAL PHYSICS INSTRUMENTATION FOR DIAGNOSIS & THERAPY
A workshop in Madison, Wisconsin June 8-10, 1998
Sponsors: Department of Medical Physics, Univ. of Wisconsin-Madison and
the American Association of Physicists in Medicine
(AAPM)

Course Director: Professor James A Zagzebski e-mail:
jimzag@macc.wisc.edu
Workshop Organizer: Professor Larry A DeWerd e-mail:
ladewerd@facstaff.wisc.edu

Details of the workshop listing speakers and titles of lectures are
available on the home page for the Dept. of medical Physics at UW:
http://www.medphysics.wisc.edu/workshop
Registration fee: $250 (which includes refreshment breaks and a workshop book).
Reasonably priced housing is available on campus or in nearby motels

For registration information contact: Nicholas Zinkgraf e-mail:
zinkgraf@students.wisc.edu
1300 University Ave, Rm B488 MSC;
Madison, WI 53706 Phone: Phone-608/262-6320; Fax-608/262-5012

This three day workshop is aimed physics teachers in universities,
colleges and high schools.
It will also be useful to physics and engineering students who are
considering careers in medical physics or biomedical engineering. The
course will present a comprehensive introduction to the physics principles
of diagnostic radiology and fluoroscopy, computerized tomography, digital
radiology, nuclear medicine (including PET), ultrasound in medicine,
magnetic resonance imaging, magnetoencephalography, radiation dosimetry
and radiation therapy.

Lectures, demonstrations, and tours of UW Hospitals and clinics will
acquaint participants with state-of-the- art medical instrumenation. Most
of the lectures will be given by faculty of
the UW Department of Medical Physics. Paricipants who have their own
laboratory demonstrations or teaching modules involving medical physics are
encouraged to describe them during one of the open forums during the
workshop.

John R. Cameron, winter home: 2678 SW 14th Dr., Gainesville, FL 32608
phones : 352/371-9865; Fax 352/371-9866 About May 15, 1998 we go to our
summer home: 2571 Porter Rd., P.O. Box 405, Lone Rock, WI 53556-0405
Phones: 608/583-2160; Fax: 608/583-2269 e-mail all year:
jrcamero@facstaff.wisc.edu