Re: Van de Graaf

To whom ever,
There in an article in The Physic Teacher by Richard Berg (May 1990,
page 281-285) on the care and feeding of van de Graffs. It has a good
description of how to make a new belt. He used latex rubber dam material You
can buy it from McMaster-Carr, Inc. They are on the net and take small
orders. He butt glued using super glue and it actually hold very well.
I like your indian head penny story, we have a lot of very old
equiptment here, but most of it works. Hope this helps.

Gary

Gary Karshner

St. Mary's University
San Antonio, Texas