Re: video cameras and quality of image

Tim Sullivan x5830 wrote:

Brian Oliver writes:
Could someone give me some advice on what kind of video cameras to
purchase for use with Video Point Software for the PC. I have already
obtained an Intel Video Pro III capture board. >

You may improve the image with a high speed shutter. Many video cameras
have variable speed shutters. One is typically not aware of the
blurring of images when watching video at 30 fps but for digital
purposes you look at each individual frame. Since you are looking at a
snapshot of a rapidly moving object you need to limit the amount of
movement while the shutter is open. You may need enhance lighting
conditions also.

--
Jerry Hester Email: jhester@mtu.edu
Dept. of Physics Phone: (906) 487-2273