Research Project

My name is Amani Ishaq. I am a master=92s level student in the Departmen=

of Physics at American University in Washington, DC. I am currently
doing an independent research project regarding the use of technology
(particularly web-based technology) in teaching physics. Although I am
aware of several web sites that offer information regarding this domain
of physics teaching and learning, I wanted to pose a short list of
questions to educators on this list-serve (for completeness in my own
research).

If you are currently using the web in your teaching of physics (at any
level), I respectfully request that you respond to the following
questions. Further, please send your responses directly to me. I will
then compile your responses and post them to this list.

1. How are you using the web in your physics teaching?

2. What enhancements do you use on your web site (i.e. Java Applets,
Multimedia, etc.)?

3. What do you feel are the advantages of using the web to supplement
your traditional methods of teaching?

4. Do you feel using the web will decrease the need for faculty and
class time?

5. Does your institution offer support for development of your web
materials (i.e. programmer, release time, etc.)?

6. Do you have any other comments to offer about the use of the web for

the teaching of physics that you would be willing to share?