Re: Re fuzzy logic

Message text written by Richard Grandy =

For example, given that A has fuzzy logic value .4
and B has fuzzy logic value .6, A&B has the value min(.4,.6)=3D.4. But=
if
A has probability .4 and B has probability .6, then A&B can have any
probability between 0 and .4. Fuzzy logic is *truth functional* which
means that knowing the truth values of the components you can compute the=

truth value of the composite. This does not hold for probabilities in th=
same way.

Could you explain a little more concretely? I.e. show me how to compute
A&B. Does "A&B" mean "the probability of A and B occurring? [=3D P(A, B=
)]
If not, what does it mean? Does "A has fuzzy logic value .4" mean P(A)
=3D0.4?

Bill Larson
Geneva