Re: Required common programming language

Rex Berney (U.Dayton) once told me that 50% of all programs ever written
were in BASIC.

I doubt that statistic. In percent terms (this is probably less true now) a
god awful number of programs that are run are still COBOL and in scientific
circles FORTRAN; they are legacy programs for the most. (or at any rate
that is the rumour that I'm spreading) Certainly C and C++ are more and
more catching-up.

I suppose the above quote may be true if one counts all the little programs
students write in computer classes; but I still doubt it.

Joel