Re: Simulations

On Jan. 14 Larry Smith wrote:
[.............]
Would most humanities and social science teachers agree that having one
common simple language would be desirable?

In times past, this language was Latin. I think that there is still
value in learning Latin, even today.

It would be of great value to teach a computer language. I agree
that it is best if all learn the same one. However, once you know
one computer language, it is relatively easy to learn another.

Much better to learn a computer language, even if you have to learn
another later, than learn none. As others have pointed out, you are
not just learning a particular language, but you are leaning about
basic structures and problem solving, which apply to all languages.

Steven Ratliff

Steven T. Ratliff
Associate Professor of Physics
Northwestern College