Re: Required common programming language

BASIC

Joe D. Darling jdarling@emh1.otc.cc.mo.us
Instructor of Physics and Physical Science
Ozarks Technical Community College
1020 East Brower Springfield, MO 65802
(417) 895-7907 (417) 895-7085 FAX

On Tue, 13 Jan 1998, Richard Grandy wrote:

Well here is a good chance to see whether we have any consensus. Suppose
we are voting on which programming langauge ALL students learn in
elementary school, that we have the power to mandate this choice to all
school systems and the funds to empower them to actually teach it, so that
we can build on that knowledge later. Do you vote for Basic, Pascal,
Java, C+, ...

Richard Grandy
Philosopher Gadfly
Rice University