Re: REFRACTION - REFLECTION (errata)

Oops! Upon rereading what I posted yesterday about 'REFRACTION - REFLECTION'
it seems that I have made a couple of typos that might be confusing to
anyone seriously trying to follow what I was saying. I thought that I ought
to post the corrections on the outside chance that anyone actually was trying
to follow the explanation. About 12 lines into my explanation (paragraph
starting with the word 'Consider') I wrote:

This means that:
((k'_1)^2 + (k''_2)^2)/(n_1)^2 = ((k'_2)^2 + (k''_2)^2)/(n_2)^2 . ...
^^^^^
It should read k''_1 here.

Also at the beginning of the next paragraph I wrote:

Suppose that n_1 > n_2 so that the wave is going from a lower index region
(1) into a higher index region (2). In this case ....

This is switched from what I had wanted to say. This sentence should read:

Suppose that n_1 > n_2 so that the wave is going from a HIGHER index region
(1) into a LOWER index region (2). In this case ....

I hope that these exhaust the typos in that post, but I wouldn't guarantee it.

Sorry about being so poor at proofreading.

David Bowman
dbowman@gtc.georgetown.ky.us