A question for our Mac users

Hi:

I recently posted some physics curricula material on my web site in
Windows 97 format. Several Mac users expressed concern that they could
not view the files. Microsoft now has utilities that allow users of Word
5.1 and 6.x for the Mac to import Word 97 files.

This then creates another problem. I have also posted my files in
self-extracting zip format. I have now heard from a Mac user who says
that while there are Mac utilities for extracting standard Windows zip
files, they will not work on self-extracting Windows zip files.

Does anyone on this list know of a Mac utility that will extract a
self-extracting zip file created in Windows? If not, what are the best
and cheapest Mac utilities for extracting standard Windows zip files. If
I need to, I will post my document files in both standard and
self-extracting zip formats and give links to the appropriate Mac
dearchiving utilities.

Ed Schweber (edschweb@ix.netcom.com)
Physics Teacher at The Solomon Schechter Day School, West Orange, NJ
To obtain free resources for creative physics teachers visit:
http://www.physicsweb.com