Re: WOMEN'S WAYS OF KNOWING/physics courses

Hi all-
In connection with Mark Shapiro's:

In a slightly different, but related vein, I ran across an essay
by Michael R. Mathews offering a critique of the "constructivist" view of
educational philosophy that you might be interested in reading. It is
entitled "Old Wine in New Bottles: A Problem with Constructivist
Epistemology", and it is available on the web at

http://www.ed.uiuc.edu/PES/92_docs/Matthews.HTM

Not to be confused with "Old Wine, New Flasks: Reflections
on Science and the Jewish Tradition" by Hoffman and Leibowitz,
reviewed in NATURE for Nov. 27,1997. I think NATURE has also had
a review of Mathews' book, but I'm not sure.
Regards and happy '98
Jack