Re: Grading & Excel-dropping 1

Vern Lindberg Wrote:

The more general problem is tough, since Excel seems to allow soprting by
column values only, and not by rows. The accounting spreadsheet bias again.

I don't think that's correct. When you choose the sort command, you get a
dialog box that has the choice of rows or columns in the upper left hand
corner. At least that's what I get with Excel 4.0 for the Mac. No telling
what Mr. Bill has done with the new version of Excel. It wouldn't surprise
me at all if he took it out of version 5. One reason why I trashed Excel 5
and Word 6 very shortly after I spent all that money to get them. Unless I
hear something really good about their successors, that money was the last
that Micro$oft will ever drag out of my wallet.

Hugh

Hugh Haskell
<mailto://hhaskell@mindspring.com>

The box said "Requires Windows 95 or better." So I bought a Macintosh.