Re: Excel Grades

When doing grades on Excel, I had a good deal of trouble getting the
spreadsheet to count grades to make histograms and statistical analysis.
The solution I found was to use an array formula, such as the following.

{=sum(if(class=1,if(grade>A,1,0),0)}

The above will count the number of students who are in the first class
(class = 1) who have an A or higher. The brackets indicate an array
formula, meaning the formula is applied to every cell in the range.

My gradebook has a host of macros to do lots of analysis and formatting.
If interested, let's continue the discussion off the list.

--Michael Lach

Michael Lach
Science Department
Lake View High School