Re: Air resistance

John wrote:

Is the problem that you don't understand what I have been saying or is
it that you find errors in my analysis? I can't help but be a little
frustrated that, despite the time I spent analyzing your data, informing
you and the list (which probably long ago lost interest in this thread!)
of my results and how they were obtained, and explaining the problems with
your analysis method, I have received no indication that you have listened
to a word I've said.

There are two issues here, one general and one subject-related.

1) It is true that a Phys-L thread should not degeneraten into a dialogue.
If you think that a thread is intersting please indicate so, perhaps
in a form of a short sentence (comment, question, opinion, etc.). There
is no point of arguing a subject when nobody cares. From now on I will
assume that a thread with six consecutive meassages from two autors is
virtually dead.

2) I am too busy now to deal with the topic but I will definitely answer
to two messages received today; especially if there are further
indications of interest. I just found an empirical formula for the
air resistance of a sphere. The values calculated from this textbook
formula are rather close to those we measured. For example, 0.07 N at
v=2.5 m/s (instead of 0.09) and 0.23 N at v=4.5 m/s (instead of 0.27).

No John, I am not asking for a vote. We need more data and more ideas.
Will write more later. No Vern, I have no idea how averaging is done
inside of Mac Motion. Can somebody help us on this?
Ludwik Kowalski