Re:milli-fletcher ?

John,

There was an intriguing article a while back (in Physics Today, I think) about the
crucial role Harvey Fletcher played by going to oil drops in what we now know as
the Millikan apparatus. Millikan had been using water before.

Seems Millikan forgot to give any credit to Fletcher for this critical improvement
in his method of doing the experiment.
--

Mike

Mike Moloney moloney@nextwork.rose-hulman.edu
Dept of Physics & Applied Optics (812) 877 8302
Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology Terre Haute, IN 47803
http://www.rose-hulman.edu/~moloney