A once in a lifetime opportunity

I performed a binique demonstration of the inverse square law in my two
lectures yesterday (astronomy and optics/E&M). Before the beginning of
each lecture I turned on a radiation survey meter at the end of the room
opposite where I would be standing. The background beeps signifying
counts were audible at about ten per minute background level, not overly
annoying. At the appropriate point in each lecture I approached the
meter. On Thursday I underwent a cardiac evaluation test which involved
the injection of 20 MCi of Tc99m, a six hour half-life gamma emitter. By
9:30 yesterday morning, four half-lives after injection, I was
registering 10,000 counts per minute at my breastbone with the meter.
The increase in count rate was quite audible as I approached the meter.

Leigh