Re: Inertia and Lenz's Law

If anyone has a great inertia demo they wish to share, I would like to
hear about it.

Tom:
Take your shirt off.
Put on safety glasses.
Lie on a bed of nails.
Have somebody put a huge piece of concrete on your chest.
Have someone else (also wearing safety glasses) hit the block with a
sledgehammer.

The lesson to be drawn from this is left as an exercise.

IMO this is a demonstratrion of inertia.

So is the other on. I think it is playing with words to say
otherwise. What reasons dod the physicists gove in the talk you
heard?

Derek.

Derek Chirnside, Physics Department, Shirley Boys High School.
PO Box 27 025, Christchurch 8001, New Zealand.
chirnsided@mars.shirley.school.nz