Re: The Tuned-Mass Damper

Seems to me this is the same as the "antiroll tank" problem in
Walker's Flying Circus book. The oscillation of the building would be
90 degrees out of phase with the external oscillations and the
oscillation of the mass damper would be 90 degrees out of phase with
that, giving a damper 180 degrees out of phase with the external
oscillations.