Re: That jerk again!

The immediate effect of applying the brake is to forbid the forward and
rotational motion of the wheel-axle system; the body however will
continue its forward motion until it is brought to rest by the damped,
elastic suspension system which connects it to the wheel-axle system.
The body then moves back as the stressed (ideally, critically damped)
suspension system relaxes.

I presume the wheels to be stationary at the time I apply the brakes.
I can't see them, but they "feel" stopped. I presume the body stops
when the wheels stop under these circumstances. Some of the assumptions
could be incorrect, of course.

Leigh