Bohr Theory

Gang:
This is an attempt to kill two birds with one stone. (a)
I want to see if my new e-mail arrangement will allow me to
post to the list and (b) if one or both of the above
addresses are the ones I should use.

I also wanted to say something about the post about why
Bohr Theory works. It seems to me that it works as well as
it does because it is basically a semiclassical treatment
of an electrostatic attraction that creates a set of bound
states, which is basically correct. The only thing wrong
with it is that the connection between these states and the
angular momentum of the system is too simple. Not too
unexpected in view of the complexity of the view of the
role of angular moment in the theory of hydrogen.
Barlow Newbolt
Department of Physics and Engineering
Washington and Lee University
Lexington, VA 24450
Telephone and Phone Mail: 540-463-8881
Fax: 540-463-8884
e-mail: NewboltW@madison.acad.wlu.edu

"Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future."

Neils Bohr