Re: Al Bartlett on growth

At 10:30 11/8/97 EST, you wrote:

... Dave Bowman
helped me with the appendix on thermo. [This book refutes a statement by
Julian Simon using sentential calculus and simple algebra (and U. N.
demographic data).]

Regards / Tom Wayburn

The thrust of Simon's position is that exponential growth continues
until it limits in some important factor, at which time it levels.
Meanwhile population density improves measures of well-being in general.

I would have thought that arguments describing disastrous overshoot and
decay or runaway avalanches of homeostatic conditions would be an
appropriate counter.

Sincerely

brian whatcott <inet@intellisys.net>
Altus OK