Re: piano tuning and the 256 Hz middle C

On Wed, 5 Nov 1997 17:14:25 -0800 (Pacific Standard Time) Jim Diamond said:
Brian,
Thanks for a great set of tuning data. I also seem to
recall that Toscanini tuned his NBC Orchestra to A=442 Hz,
with a preference for that sharp sound (maybe this was to
diminish the pitch deficencies of his singers!).

My mother had her piano tuned to what she called "concert pitch"
Does anybody know if this was the Toscanini A=442?
One of the more fun things I've done with the TI CBL is to hook up the
microphone and look at the different wave forms from various notes on the
piano. I would have never guessed that the harmonic content would have
been so variable!