Re: A Parents' Day gem

At 6:38 PM -0500 11/2/97, Hugh Haskell wrote:
On the other hand the category of courses that have dome to be known as
"[physics for poets" or other euphamisms are for the most part "dumped down
physics" that usually involve a simplistic but encyclopedic collection of
"fizzicks phacts" with little or no development of why they are true (of
course, all too often they are not true). I keep geting the impression that
this is the class of course you talk about with the label of CP. If so, I
think you have mistaken the hounds for the fox (or any other silly metaphor
that indicates you have confused CP with PfP).

What texts do you have in mind for the PfP that you detest so much? I use Hewitt for a CP course AND a book entitled "Physics for Poets" by Robert March for a different (honors) class that isn't as bad as you claim.

Larry